Click here to BOOKMARK
      Home

Search Dunlop tires by vehicle or size

All other tires

Dunlop Graspic DS-2

Graspic DS-2 tires represent the 2nd generation of Dunlop Digi-tire Studless Ice & Snow winter tires designed to deliver traction for drivers who want enhanced control in snow & on ice. Graspic DS-2 tires are available to fit many vehicles including coupes, sedans & family vans.

 


Graspic DS-2 tires use Dunlopís Digital Rolling Simulation II technology (computer enhanced design) to develop tires with enhanced durability & traction.
Graspic DS-2 studless winter tires feature a glass fiber-reinforced, high silica tread compound molded into a heavily zigzag siped, low void, symmetric tread design with a wide, central snow pillar groove to provide traction on ice & in snow without resorting to traditional metal studs. The Graspic DS-2 studless winter tire's tread groove optimization, high contact area & twin center ribs reduce tread noise while enhancing tread life & maintaining continuous rubber-to-road contact.
Graspic DS-2 winter tires meet the industryís severe snow service requirements & most sizes are branded with the snowflake-on-the-mountain symbol. They feature blackwall styling & are available in Q-speed rated, 80-, 70-, 65-, 60-, 55-, 50- & 45-series sizes for 13" through 17" wheel diameters.
NOTE: The first 55% of the Graspic DS-2ís tread depth features Dunlopís high-grip silica-enhanced compound while the remaining 45% features an all-season tread compound. Snow platform indicators (basically, snow wear bars) are molded into the Graspic DS-2ís tread grooves to inform the driver when ice & snow traction will be reduced as the tireís tread wear reaches the point where the premium high grip silica tread compound is about to wear away.
Install Graspic DS-2 tires in sets of four only.
Due to the traction capabilities of the Graspic DS-2, Dunlop recommends using Graspic DS-2 tires only in sets of four to provide the best handling characteristics & tire performance.
 

Tires Home

Content on this page provided by The Tire Rack