Click here to BOOKMARK
      Home

Search Dunlop tires by vehicle or size

All other tires

Dunlop Graspic DS-2 DSST CTT

 

Graspic DS-2 DSST CTT tires are 2nd generation Digi-tire Studless Ice & Snow winter tires that also utilize Dunlop Self-Supporting Technology (DSST) & Combined Technology Tire (CTT) to produce runflat winter tires that deliver extended mobility along with enhanced traction in snow & on ice. Graspic DS-2 DSST CTT tires utilize both Dunlop's automotive & motorcycle tire engineering expertise to manufacture self-supporting runflat winter tires for all-wheel drive Toyota Sienna minivans & Lexus SC 430 premium luxury convertibles.
Graspic DS-2 DSST CTT tires use Dunlopís Digital Rolling Simulation II technology (computer enhanced design) to develop tires with enhanced durability & traction.
Graspic DS-2 DSST CTT studless winter tires feature a glass fiber-reinforced, high silica tread compound molded into a heavily zigzag siped, low void, symmetric tread design with a wide, central snow pillar groove to provide traction on ice & in snow without resorting to traditional metal studs. The Graspic DS-2 DSST CTT studless winter tire's tread groove optimization, high contact area & twin center ribs reduce tread noise while enhancing tread life & maintaining continuous rubber-to-road contact.
Graspic DS-2 DSST CTT winter tires meet the industryís severe snow service requirements & most sizes are branded with the snowflake-on-the-mountain symbol. They feature blackwall styling & are available in Q-speed rated, P225/60R17 & 245/40R18 sizes.
NOTE: The first 55% of the Graspic DS-2 DSST CTTís tread depth features Dunlopís high-grip silica-enhanced compound while the remaining 45% features an all-season tread compound. Snow platform indicators (basically, snow wear bars) are molded into the Graspic DS-2 DSST CTTís tread grooves to inform the driver when ice & snow traction will be reduced as the tireís tread wear reaches the point where the premium high grip silica tread compound is about to wear away.
Install Graspic DS-2 DSST CTT tires in sets of four only.
Due to the traction capabilities of the Graspic DS-2 DSST CTT, Dunlop recommends using Graspic DS-2 DSST CTT tires only in sets of four to provide the best handling characteristics & tire performance.
UTQG: Uniform Tire Quality Grading does not apply to winter tires.


 

Tires Home

Content on this page provided by The Tire Rack